Custom car owners are proud of their automotive babies for a whole variety of reasons. If I asked you to name as many reasons why owning a custom car is so great, I’m sure you could give me a whole host of reasons – many of which I’ve probably heard before. For this article, I decided to reach out to the custom car community and get their opinion.
24 Reasons Why Owning a Custom Car is so Great
- I’ve got nothing better to spend my money on.
- Owning and driving a head turner makes you one of the very cool kids
- All custom cars are individual and there’s a bit of us in each one. The phrase boys/girls with toys applies here, we’re just a bit older.
- For me, something with style where the designers had an imagination is much better than the look-a-like euro trash on the roads today
- I like visiting gas stations and having no money!
- It’s a combination of things. Most importantly it’s a love for cars, but at the same time it’s a desire to be different. It’s about taking pride in how you’re perceived by your peers. Your car and your home are perfect canvasses for self-expression.
- Despite the cost and the man-hours involved, one minute behind the wheel is all you need.
- I’m a pure petrol head. If it has wheels and a motor then it’s cool.
- For me, I love taking something that anyone can have and making it your own.
- I enjoy ironing out the imperfections and building a superior car.
- Most customs may have cars that it’s similar to but they’re never the same.
- A custom car is unique to the individual.
- My car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
- I love building something that’s a bit different and out of the ordinary.
- Factory built euroboxes are built for the average driver. Older cars have more character, just like older drivers.
- The feeling of owning something so different always puts a huge smile on my face. All the time (lots of it) and all the money (even more of it) are all worth it when you stand back and say: that’s mine.
- My car is unique and it reflects my personality.
- It’s more of a heart thing than a head thing.
- It’s all about personal touches and being different from the norm. But of course, there’s a little bit of showing off in there too.
- My car has a lot of road presence and it’s all about the smiles per miles.
- Owning a custom or classic car takes you from the mundane plastic fantastic to an era when cars were hand built with pride and lovingly restored by the insane. For me, when I’m driving my car I have such a huge smile on my face and a warm glow knowing that it’s unique like me. Anyone can buy an off-the-shelf samey but not many will buy or build originality. It’s a passion.
- Customizing your own car means you can stand back and say ‘I did that’.
- It’s the smile I get when I look at it. I put all my passion and hard work into it and I know there will never be another one like it.
- For me, it’s not about owning a custom car but owning an old car that I feel good about. It simply takes me back to a time when life was much simpler. I can sit in either of my first generation mustangs and – even without the engine on – I feel good.
It’s clear to see a common theme here: a car’s uniqueness is the main appeal. But there are a lot of other sentiments there. Do you have your own reason? Is there a story behind your custom car love affair? Drop a comment below and share your passion!